Monday, December 12, 2011

(My Best Shot: Wishes! & Cinderella Castle)


I love love travel. I would say that it's my favorite thing, but I can't travel anywhere without my camera. So maybe photography is my favorite thing. Either way, travel and photography go hand in hand for me, and one is not complete without the other. Cinderella Castle in the Magic Kingdom is one of the most photographed structures in the world. I'm (clearly) no pro when it comes to photography, but I give it my best shot, and am always learning something new. It has long been a personal goal to get the perfect picture of Cinderella Castle, particularly during the fireworks show, Wishes! The problem is, I don't really have the patience to carry around the required equipment to actually do so. I always feel for those people in the Disney parks carrying around their giant backpacks and tripods, although I know they're getting amazing pictures so I sort of envy them, too. The thing is, it's easy to get really frustrated when snapping away during the fireworks show. On most occasions I spend more time fidgeting with my camera than I do enjoying the show. But every once in a while, I find a hidden gem among the hundreds of blurry shots. It's not perfect or professional by any means, but still, I find something special. Take a look at below at my attempts over the last few years.

2005. Pretty blurry, but look at the colors!

2006. I love the castle draped in shadows paired with the brightness of the fireworks. 


2007. Another where the castle is shrouded in darkness, but look at the sky! 

2009. A bit blurry, but  take a look at the couple bottom center. How sweet!


2010 from Narcoosee's. Blurry, and this is where a better zoom lens would come in handy. 


My 2010 photo isn't anything special, but I thought it was cool to have the show from a different location. This was the first year that I visited Disney World without a point and shoot (I had finally upgraded to a DSLR). For some reason we didn't make it to the park in time to see Wishes! up close, so next year I'll really test it out and hope for some good results.


During PM Extra Magic Hours, 2010.

So, personal goal still not attained, but I'll keep on trying (which means I'll just have to keep going back to Disney, bummer!) Perhaps someday I will acquire the appropriate equipment (and talent) to really get that perfect one. Until then, I'll just give it my best shot and hope for something special!

Send me your castle photos!

Happy Snapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment